Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Welcome Author, David Chuka!


Please welcome David to the blog today. He has stopped by for an interview. His books are fun and bright! What was your favorite childhood children’s book? What drew you to it?

I used to love Enid Blyton books and I remember one summer when I read and re-read the Famous Five. I loved the fact that I could see myself as one of the Famous Five.
What is your favorite children’s movie? 

At the moment, I’m really loving Rio. My son who’s three always requests it and I love the opening song. It just brings a smile to my face every time I hear it.
What brought you into the wonderful world of creating children’s books?

I guess due to my daughter being at the age where she was starting to read and not finding a lot of appropriate books on the Kindle store that she could practice with.
What is your current project? Tell us about it.

I’m currently working with my illustrator on the third book in ‘The Fartastic Adventure of Billy and Monster’ series. It’s called Billy and the Monster who ate All the Easter Eggs.
What advice do you have for the little ones out there?

Never stop dreaming. All things are possible.
Where do you get your inspirations for your characters and storylines in your books?

I can’t really pin-point a particular thing as I tend to pluck ideas from thin air. However, my children do have a part to play as they are at that stage where they are discovering the world and their interpretation of what they discover can be really cute and charming.
What were your favorite books from your childhood? 

I loved reading different history books about the different wars that occurred in different parts of the world.
What are the best and the worst things about being a writer?

The best thing about being a writer is someone telling you your story made them laugh, cry, ponder etc. Basically, your story had an emotional impact on them. The worst part is when you know that you’ve written a good (maybe even great) story that is not resonating with your audience.
Tell us a little bit about your books, what age group they are for and where can people buy your books?

I try and educate and entertain in all my books. Education could occur in terms of introducing new words for children to learn, weaving a moral into the story or using a rhyming flow to make the story more palatable for a young reader. In terms of entertaining, I rely on vivid illustrations plus goofy and quirky situations to make children laugh.
I would say my books are for 3-8 year olds. As a father who loves bedtime story hour, I have parents at heart when I write, so I try and include things in my stories that will make both the child and adult have a chuckle.

My books are currently available on the Amazon store here:
 
Thanks for joining us today!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment