Monday, December 3, 2012

Welcome Author, Angela Muse!!!

I am very excited to have Angela here today for an interview. Her little books are sooooo adorable and her new book is just--WOW CUTE! You have to check it out.

What was your favorite childhood children’s book? What drew you to it?

My favorite of all time would probably be The Wizard of Oz.  I loved being able to go to this magical land of Oz in my head and never knowing what to expect as I explored the story.  That is the magic of books.

What is your favorite children’s movie? 

Beauty and the Beast.  This love story is timeless and I really appreciate the message relayed that we should look for what is in the inside of a person before judging them.  What’s most important is what is inside someone’s heart.

What brought you into the wonderful world of creating children’s books?

I wrote one children’s book called Lil Glimmer back in 2009 and created the paperback as a gift to my two young children and never had any intention of creating any more.  I had written several other children’s stories that I told to my own kids, but I never thought I would pursue my writing any further.  My son actually encouraged me to create books for my other stories so I made it a goal for 2012 to accomplish that and see where my writing would take me.  The response to our stories has been great so far and I couldn’t have done it without the encouragement and support I’ve received from my family.

What is your current project? Tell us about it.

Our latest book, Suzy Snowflake, has just been released. 
 
Suzy is a snowflake fairy who starts to notice that she looks different than those around her and this worries Suzy. When one of her friends sees Suzy praying to God he becomes curious. Suzy shows him how to pray so he can talk to God. Both friends realize that all of us are unique just as God intends.

We have been blown away by the great responses we have gotten so far from this story. 

 
 
What advice do you have for the little ones out there?

I was born in California to a military family. This meant that I was the "new kid" in school every couple of years. It was hard always trying to make new friends, but I discovered I had a knack for writing. I began writing poetry in high school and really enjoyed expressing myself by using pen and paper. After becoming a Mom in 2003, I continued my storytelling to my own children. In 2009 I wrote and published my first children's book aimed at toddlers. Since then I have released three additional children’s books in 2012.
 
 
Where do you get your inspirations for your characters and storylines in your books?

My inspiration typically comes from my two children.  While picking up acorns in the backyard to decorate our mantle I got inspired to write a story about a little family of acorns.  Soon, The Nutt Family:  An Acorny Adventure was born.  My son was very frightened of bumblebees as a young child so this inspired me to write The Bee Bully.  My daughter came up with the idea to write a story about a character named Suzy Snowflake and an idea was formed.  My kids have great imaginations so they fill my head with lots of ideas.

What were your favorite books from your childhood? 

I enjoyed Green Eggs and Ham, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and Where the Wild Things Are.

What are the best and the worst things about being a writer?

Being an indie writer can be a real challenge.  You have completed creating this wonderful little story, but nobody knows about it yet so you really have to put your marketing hat on to get the word out about it.  I love being able to create characters that children can respond to and entertaining them or imparting a good message to them through that story.  The worse thing is not getting that immediate feedback on your work.  You have to be patient and sit back and wait to see reviews come in or feedback on your blog.  Writing and publishing indie books is a process all of it’s own.

Tell us a little bit about your books, what age group they are for and where
Can people buy your books?

We currently have six children’s books out now exclusively on Amazon:

Lil Glimmer

The Nutt Family:  An Acorny Adventure

The Pig Princess

The Bee Bully

Eager Eaglets:  Birds of Play

Suzy Snowflake

All of our picture books are aimed at children aged eight and under.

You can find out more about what stories we are working on by visiting us at http://www.4eyesbooks.com or following us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/4eyesbooks/126599224129551?ref=hl
 
 
Thank you Angela for stopping by today. Your books are just wonderful!!!
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment